Welcome Letter! 致家长朋友和所有同学的一封信!



Dear parents, families, and friends,

My name is Zihan Li, a graduate student at Vanderbilt University. I have completed my four-year undergraduate study at Michigan State University and successfully obtain a Michigan Teachers License. I will be teaching CLS8 this semester. I am very glad to work with our outstanding Chinese Language learners and excited about this wonderful experience.

Now please let me briefly introduce myself. As you know, my name is Zihan Li.  Something you might not know is the meaning behind my name. I was born in Beijing, China and in Chinese “” (Zi) means purple, and “”(Han) means the plant waterlily. Combining the two meanings together, you get a purple water lily, and that is the meaning of my name! It is easier to remember once you know the meaning of it. As all Chinese name have some meanings behind it, I am excited to learn about the story behinds your names! 

I grew up in Beijing and came to the United States in 2014 to attend Michigan State University. I had also been to Vancouver, Canada for 5 months studying when I was in 7th grade, and I studied abroad twice in the past four years in MSU, once to the Netherlands, the other is in Japan. At this point, I have completed my BA in Special Education with a teaching major in Language Arts and a  minor in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) at MSU and I just started pursuing a Master Degree in Peabody. 

As you may tell, I love to travel and experience other cultures just as much as I love to share and teach about my own. During all my four years of undergraduate study, I have taught Chinese in the local Chinese School. Even though being out of everyone's comfort zone doesn't feel that pleasing, I believe we could all grow stronger through different kinds of challenges. I wish to grow stronger and learn more with you this semester. 

Please feel free to ask me questions or send me emails. I am looking forward to having a great school year with you all.

Sincerely,
Zihan Li
Email: zihan.li@vanderbilt.edu

评论